Its construction began in 1910 with plans of José Olivares Veas, and ended two years later. During its construction the foundation of the unfinished tower of the church of the Jesuits was located. Access to the building is through a simple modernist entrance. Inside, the stalls have an ultra circular floor and the gallery is supported by iron columns. It has undergone several renovations and today is one of the spaces with most cultural activities. At the beginning of the 1990's the restoration of the building began: It was inaugurated on March 15th, 1994 by Queen Sofia.